1998
MY FIRST CUSTOM HOME




*** A Little History of My Construction Background ***
In the early years of my construction career, I was the foreman for a Custom Home Builder.  As part of his "in house" crew, we built really nice large and smaller custom homes from the ground up.  We built the most amazing and difficult steel reinforced foundations along with all the concrete flat work, in the hills of Santa Rosa California. 

We did all the framing, siding, rock masonry and exterior finish including decks and patios.  We did all the roofing, plumbing and electrical, but we let the insulators and sheet rock guys do their thing, then we did the interior finish carpentry, installed the cabinetry, tile, counter tops etc...  In short we did 90% of the construction under the company umbrella.  

We had some very talented older guys that took the time to teach me what they had learned in the trades.  I received a real education during those early years learning the craftsman's art at the hands of my work mates.  

In 1989 at the age of 30 I bought a lot in the hills above Redwood Valley near Ukiah Ca. and ventured out to start building homes.  Recently my son found this realty video of that house I built on my own and by myself all those years ago.  Since that time I have been in the construction industry building, remodeling, subcontracting in many different ways.  If I can build such a house as this by myself way back in the day, imagine what I can do now.


This is a video that a real estate agent made back in 2012 as a sales tool
 to sell this house long after I built and sold it in 1989.  
The video quality isn't the best but I am happy to share it.  


Comments

Popular Posts